Leading US investment bank
- A leading US investment bank approached us to launch a structured products team based in Dublin. The search was across securities services, multi asset investments and private banking.
- We were asked to consider candidates not just in the local market but also London returning candidates across structured products, private banking and funds. The reason for this is that the team would be advising on both UK and Irish law.
- The client asked us to approach candidates that fit into these categories. We used our network of candidates in law firms, in-house and London to source suitable candidates.
- Most candidates in the Dublin market have more generalist backgrounds and it was important to find candidates who had the right transferrable skills.
- We successfully completed the search resulting in placing 7 lawyers. The successful candidates were senior to mid-level lawyers from both Dublin and London.
- After completing the initial search, we have placed 5 additional lawyers within the structured products team and continue to work closely with the client.
What did we receive from the client that contributed to the success of the search:
- The client was very impressed with our market knowledge, advising them in relation to candidates who would fit in well culturally and who would have the ability to move to more specialist roles – traditionally, with Dublin being a small market, the lawyers tend to be more generalist.