Large UK Corporate
- We were approached by a client, a Global HR Director who had previously mandated us on a General Counsel search.
- The client was now seeking a General Counsel with a strong transactional M&A background for a company that was recently acquired by a major US private equity firm.
- We started the search in early June, focusing on lawyers with extensive international M&A transactional experience.
- Using a combination of our own network of contacts in the in-house market and in law firms, as well as web and phone based research, we produced a long list of suitable candidates within 2 weeks for discussion with the client and a Director from the private equity firm.
- This search was undertaken during lockdown so all meetings with the client and candidates were via Zoom.
- The team was small and the location was outside London so a lot of the work would be undertaken remotely, with some travel to the company’s offices outside London.
- Not all target candidates wanted to work in such a small team and with a high degree of remote working.
- Having presented a short-list of six candidates from both law firms and in-house, the preferred candidate accepted an offer seven weeks after the search commenced.
What we received from the client that contributed to the success of the search?
- We worked closely with the client from the outset and maintained a tight timetable as time was of the essence.
- A clear brief and close team working between Fox Rodney, the HR Director and one of the Board Directors was key to the success of the search.