Helping a transatlantic firm to enhance its corporate/M&A capability in both London and New York
- We have a track record of success with this firm and have worked with them across a number of practice areas.
- In this project, our London and New York teams worked together to help the firm to enhance its M&A capability on both sides of the Atlantic.
- We worked closely with the firm’s corporate partners to establish a shortlist of candidates to approach in both London and New York. This close cooperation with the firm was essential to achieving the consistency of message and quality of candidate approach that they sought across both locations.
- In London, the firm was focused on enhancing its public M&A capability. There is a relatively small pool of partners covering this work in the London market.
- We worked closely with the clients to identify partners with whom the firm shared client synergies. The shortlist of partners produced as a result of this search consisted mainly of Magic Circle candidates, who we then targeted based on both the strength of the client synergies and their perceived ‘move-ability’.
- We placed a public M&A partner from a Magic Circle firm into the firm’s London office and a corporate insurance partner into the firm’s New York office.
What we received from the firm that contributed to the success of the project:
- The client provided us with significant internal research into potential client synergies. Additionally, the firm compiled extensive information on the personal and business connections of its corporate lawyers, helping us to identify any connections that might be used in our initial calls to candidates.