Helping a Top tier Irish firm hire a Tax Associate
- The Head of Tax at a Top tier Irish firm approached us to find a Tax Associate for their team. The Partner had already made some direct approaches without success.
- The firm was only interested in Tax Associates from other specific firms which had highly regarded tax practices.
- Based on our in-depth knowledge of the market, we compiled a list of targets to approach and agreed these with the firm.
- We gained a thorough understanding of the firm’s Tax practice and future plans from the Partner so that we could provide this detail to candidates we approached.
- The selling points for this role were the path to partnership, working as the Partner’s number 2 and being involved in future expansion of the practice.
- We pro-actively approached the agreed targets to discuss the role in detail with them.
- There is a limited supply of tax lawyers in the market.
- Given that tax lawyers are in high demand, they are well remunerated and looked after by the firms they are in and therefore, most are not open to moving.
- We always remained a step ahead to ensure the client and the candidate were kept up to date during the search.
- Because of our in-depth knowledge of the market and the client, we were able to source a candidate from another top tier firm who also fitted into the client’s culture.
- We successfully closed the deal.
What did we receive from the client that contributed to the success of the search?
- Because of our strong delivery track record and working relationship with the client, they trusted us our advice and appreciated our insight into the process.