Helping a reputable German firm to build out its international Corporate/M&A practice
- This well-known and very well established German full service law firm planned further growth at the equity partner level and was in particular in need of a corporate/M&A partner who had an international focus as well as the relevant experience in order to more effectively use the platform and synergies of the firm.
- We worked closely with the managing partner and developed the right “story” and sales pitch before speaking to our partner contacts who had the relevant experience and background.
- The aim was to convince partners from international law firms to speak to our client and to understand the underlying potential as well as to realise how profitable the firm is in comparison to most of the international law firms.
- Although the brand of the firm is well known in the market there was a lack of perception in relation to its strategy and international network.
- We had to overcome this perception issue by very carefully approaching the candidates to ensure that their possible prejudices against the firm did not lead them to reject our approach too quickly. We therefore carefully explained to them the strategy of the firm and potential upside of joining them.
- Successful placement of an Equity partner from a leading international law firm who has a proven track record in building up an international practice and network.
What did we receive from the client that contributed to the success of the search?
- The client involved us at every stage in the process and kept us in the loop by sending us all relevant documents such as draft offer, partnership agreement etc.
- As the first draft offer was not entirely in line with the expectations of the candidate, the client was very grateful for our feedback and input and revised the offer after having discussed this with us.
- The client trusted our advice and experience and was very receptive to our input which made this slightly unusual lateral move a success for both the client and candidate.