Fox Rodney has released its latest report tracking lateral moves in Paris during 2021. The headline news from 2021 is the number of partner moves increased to 170 partner moves in compared to 166 moves in 2020 even after a very unusual 2020 “post pandemic” year. Although the totals are not so far apart, 2020 was marked by a strong mid-year dip and a robust return which flowed into 2021.
The research reveals there is continued demand in Corporate / M&A as it continues to be the most hired for practice area in 2021 (20% of partner hires), which comes as no surprise with the M&A industry reaching new highs in 2021.
Highlights from the report include:
- French law firms were once again the most active in hiring partners in 2021;
- There was a slight decrease in lateral hires, but steep vertical hires increase in 2021.
- Partners leaving a non-French law firm were again overwhelmingly hired by another non-French firm;
- Female hires has increased in vertical hiring;
- Corporate / M&A and Dispute Resolution were the most hired for practice areas overall in 2021; and
- Litigation & Dispute Resolution was again the most common practice area focus for the new firms.
Download the report here:Download Report
To discuss the report further or to discuss the Paris partner market in more detail, please contact:
+ 33 (0) 6 86 23 83 01