As circumstances continue to change rapidly, we are updating our clients on the following:
(i) on how Fox Rodney is addressing COVID-19;
(ii) to provide suggested practical steps in relation to talent acquisition during this period; and
(iii) to provide feedback on what we are seeing in the market.
Our primary focus is, of course, the well-being of our people, clients and our community and our thoughts are firmly with those impacted by COVID-19 in any way.
We are pleased to let you know that we continue to provide uninterrupted service to our clients and candidates. Prior to this situation, we already had an agile working policy, making it easier for our people to continue to be able to support you now. As you would expect, we have changed our working methods to ensure the safety and well-being of our people. We have instituted various measures including remote working and a restriction on business travel. Please rest assured that we will continue to do our best to support you during this difficult time. We are committed to sourcing the best talent for you and will continue to advise you on your talent acquisition strategy so that you will have an even stronger team in place when the crisis is over.
Practical steps for our clients
- Utilising technology for meetings: We are supporting our clients in setting up meetings with candidates, utilising technology such as Zoom and Skype to replace face to face meetings. If it is very early in the process, some candidates feel more comfortable with an initial phone call.
- Communication with candidates: Communicating clearly with candidates is vital at this time so that they can understand how the process may have been impacted by COVID-19.
- Impact on start dates: We are working with clients to manage effectively the impact of this situation on the start dates of new employees who have recently been hired, particularly if those employees are relocating.
- Most of our clients are continuing to prioritise key hires, with only a small number putting recruitment on hold. Having identified the right candidate, most clients are proceeding with the process and we continue to see several offers to associate and partner candidates this week.
- As the situation develops, whilst some firms will take a cautious approach, many see this as an opportunity to access the best talent, particularly when that talent is spending more time at home and is available to speak more readily.