Law Firm Mergers
What are the lessons for law firms?
We are delighted to invite you to our latest breakfast seminar on law firm mergers.
Over recent years, both in the UK and internationally, the legal sector has witnessed a unique period of law firm mergers. In this seminar, we explore the lessons that have been learned, and consider the implications for the management team of a firm which is contemplating a merger.
To discuss these issues and offer their perspective, we are joined by a distinguished and informed panel, all of whom have witnessed or advised on law firm mergers from different perspectives:
- Sir Nigel Knowles, Global Ambassador, DLA Piper
- Quentin Poole, Head of International Projects, Gowling WLG
- Rachel Wheeler, General Counsel, Aviva Investors
- Harriet Creamer, Advisory Board, Gulland Padfield Strategy Consultants
Join us and our panel to explore and discuss the lasting lessons and implications of this unique period in the legal sector.
When: 8.30am Tuesday 22nd November 2016
Where: London Capital Club, 15 Abchurch Lane, EC4N 7BW
Register via the email below. Space is limited so please register your interest early.
The questions our panel will be considering include:
- How should law firm management teams avoid the risks to ‘partnership value’ through the merger process?
- What is the client’s perspective on mergers? Are most mergers client-focused?
- In what way should management teams refocus their merger plans in light of the Brexit referendum result?
- What’s the right relationship between a firm’s talent strategy and its merger strategy? What are the avoidable talent risks? Do firms fail to capitalise on the opportunities from a talent perspective?
SCHEDULE – Tuesday 22nd November 2016
London Capital Club, 15 Abchurch Lane, EC4N 7BW (two minutes’ walk from Bank station)
8.30am Registration and breakfast
9.00am Seminar introduction – Stephen Rodney, FRS CEO
9.05am Panel Introductions
9.20am Panel Discussion
10.15am Seminar ends – coffee and networking