FRS tracks partner moves in the legal market and produces an annual report. The report presents data taken from 373 announced, London based, private practice partner moves in 2016.
- The overall number of moves in 2016 was down 14% on 2015.
- US firms made a higher net gain of partners than UK firms for the second year running.
- The top 10 UK law firms saw a significant net loss of partners, with over 50% going to a US or Global firm.
- Corporate, Banking & Finance and Litigation & Dispute Resolution were the most hired for practice areas.
- US law firms hired more Corporate and Banking & Finance partners than UK law firms.
- 18% of partner moves were a promotion-to-partner rather than a lateral partner hire.
- Women made up 25% of partner moves in 2016.
- Women made up less than 10% of partner hires in the highest ranked law firms.
To receive a copy of the report please email firstname.lastname@example.org